To make museum-quality work you need high-end equipment, a controlled production environment, and the knowledge to make the most of both. LATITUDE's goal is to provide access to these resources, whether you choose to produce your own work in the lab (the DIY option) or you commission us to produce it for you (the service bureau option). Below is an overview of our lab equipment and environment, complete with a room by room breakdown. We hope this helps give you a sense of the lab space and workflow.
Warning: the descriptions of our equipment and lab environment are a little bit geeky! Please keep in mind that we're always happy to help if you have questions about what equipment is best for you.
17 INCH PRINTERS
Epson 4900 (2): uses both Epson Matte and Photo Black inks
Epson 9900 Piezography Printer: prints up to 44 inches, uses K9 Neutral Piezography inks (learn more about Piezography, a specialty black & white printing system!)
Epson P9000: prints up to 44 inches, HD Ultrachrome Ink Set, Matte and Photo Black inks
Canon PRO 4000: prints up to 44 inches
Scanmate 11000 Drum Scanner: for medium and small format film
Scanmate 4000 Drum Scanner: for large format film
Epson 750vPRO Flatbed Scanners (2) (9.5x11 inches): for transparent and reflective materials
Kodak Creo Flatbed Scaner Optical Resolution of 5,500 x 10,000 dpi
Each workstation is equipped with a 27 inch NEC MultiSync PA271W monitor positioned on the left for precisely tuned proofing of color and tonality, and a secondary Dell monitor positioned on the right for general use. Both monitors are color calibrated on a regular basis using an X-Rite i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer.
Adobe Lightroom CC
Adobe Photoshop CC
CF Systems Color Perfect
Quad Tone RIP QTR
ADDITONAL LAB AMENITIES
In addition to professional equipment and viewing conditions, LATITUDE also features amenities that allow the lab to function as a comfortable and complete studio. These include:
- 48" x 18" vertical and horizontal light box
- large viewing wall with Solux MR16 Halogen bulbs at 4700 Kelvin (replicating cool daylight/contemporary gallery conditions) and 3500 Kelvin (replicating traditional museum and gallery conditions.)
- Flat files for print storage - Available for rental
- Shelving for paper storage - Available for rental
- Production tables for viewing, trimming, matting, sequencing, bookbinding, etc.
- 36 inch uni-directional trimmer
- 44 inch bi-directional roto-trimmer
- 90 inch bi-directional trimmer
- Lounge area and kitchen
- Gallery area (Filter Space) operated by our roommates (Filter Photo)!